If you are suffering from bad breath that makes you feel embarrassed or self-conscious, we have exciting news for you! Halitosis, also known as persistent bad breath, can be treated. In most cases, halitosis is a warning sign something is wrong with your oral health, which means it may be time to check in with your dentist.
Our dentist, Dr. Nirmal Aujla, cares about your oral health and can help you fight halitosis. Luckily, our team at Jefferson Dental Health PC in Watertown, New York, is excited to share with you a few different ways you can treat halitosis from your own home.
Here is a list of treatment options for halitosis:
– Abandon tobacco use in any form: Tobacco causes halitosis and is also extremely unhealthy, making it wise to quit tobacco use.
– Brushing and flossing habits: Brushing twice a day and flossing your teeth thoroughly will reduce the plaque buildup and clear away bacteria causing halitosis.
– Sugarless gum: Sugarless gum promotes saliva production that helps keep your breath fresh for an extended period of time.
– Mouthwash: Breath freshener is known to kill bacteria and neutralize acids that could cause bad breath.
– Tongue brush: Your tongue is thick and bumpy making it simple for stinking bacteria to hide, which is why a tongue-scraper may be ideal to clear away other bacteria.
– Dental check-ups: If you visit your dentist repeatedly, your dentist can look over your oral health and help you fight any problems associated with it.
As you can see, help is available if you are needing relief from bad breath. If you still have questions about your oral health, or if you would like more information, please call us today at 315-788-7070 to make an appointment. Our friendly and professional team of experts are happy to welcome you to our office.